Wednesday 12 October 2011

New Toys

Having recently taken my interest a little more seriously of late, I have recently taken a trip to Hobbycraft and bought myself some new toys.

First, a quick note on Hobbycraft. I love this shop.  It's the only really good craft place (that I know, and I don't proclaim to know a lot, lol) I can go in Sheffield where I am actually able to view what I want to buy before I actually buy it.  However, when you look about on the deals you can get on the web it is quite over priced.

I would love to hear anyone else's view on this and where people actually get their craft supplies from.

Anyway, I had time on my hands where I could spend time getting creative, so my lack of patience led me to buy a few bits and bats from Hobbycraft so I could crack straight on when I got home.

Here is what I bought:

A butterfly paper punch
A heart paper punch
Acrylic stamp block
Pack of Birthday Stamps
Pack of 2 butterfly stamps
Black ink pad
Gold/Silver/Bronze ink pad
Red/Green/Black in pad
Forever friend decoupage Christmas pack
A Christmas pack of various card-making accessories (papers, toppers, decoupage)

As you can see my thoughts are currently focusing on Christmas, and what I can do for everyone.

Anyway, I have been playing around with bits of my kits and wanted to show you what I have been able to do.





These 6 cards were made from the Christmas pack I bought, using decoupage, toppers and papers provided in the pack. The 'Christmas Wishes' and 'Merry Christmas' were done with my new stamps too.  On the card in the top left corner, the 'Noel' was a topper provided in the pack, and the main background was achieved with a robin stamp I got in my pack, with the red and green ink pad I also bought.


The card on the left was made, also with the the Christmas pack decoupage and paper. The stamp was again from the Christmas ones I bought.  However, also on this card I used my embossing board which came in my pack. It doesn't show up very well in this picture, but I used a snow flake, which I embossed around the edge of the decoupage topper (all the white area), which I thought looked pretty cool.

The card on the right was made with my Birthday stamps, the background paper was one I already had in my kit. The stamps I coloured in with my metallic pencil crayons.


I have also done another 2 cards using the butterfly paper punch I bought.  I coloured half a sheet of A4 cartridge paper using pastel pencils with a red and a brown colour.  I then used the butterfly punch to cut out various butterflys, and used them to create these two cards.

 
Again please feel free to leave any comments, feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks and see you for now. Hopefully speak again soon.

Sam <3<3<3


No comments:

Post a Comment